You are looking for good reasons to dive Truk Lagoon with the SS Thorfinn, keep on reading!
Your advantages of living aboard this converted whaler in a nutshell:
- Located in the very heart of Truk Lagoon
- Less weather exposed
- The ship has a huge tonnage and is very stable
- Less likely to get seasick
- Your bed, hot shower, camera room and restaurant are right here
- Very spacious
- Little to no mosquitos
- Living on a ship with so much history
We do not move our Mothership but set out with our custom made dive boats.
There are a couple of advantages to that:
- We cover more sites (up to 30 wrecks in 1 week)
- We dive in small groups (max 8 pax per boat)
- When others dive our planned site, we might change the dive site
- We are everywhere within 15 min
- Some dive sites are only some hundred meters away
- Due to silting we don’t go to the same dive site more than once a day
- We want you to get the best silt free experience and pictures
- We customize your trip
One of the best reasons to choose us however is our Captain.
Captain Lance has dived and offered diving in Truk Lagoon for 35 years. Those wrecks are his backyard and he knows everyone plus their history like the back of his hand.
He has witnessed their changes over the years and sure can entertain you all evening with all the small interesting details nobody else knows.
So dive with us and discover the wonders below. Get the best diving for the most affordable prices!