Ship Specs for SS Thorfinn
IMO (International Maritime Organization) No. 5359901
- Length, overall: 170ft / 58m
- Beam: 30ft / 10m
- Draft: 17ft / 5.5m
- Displacement: 1,100 tons
- Fuel Capacity: 340 tons
- Consumption/Speed: 7 tons/day @ 11 knots, 11 tons/day @ 16 knots.
- Water Capacity: 18,000 gals
- Cruising Range: 9,000 nautical miles @ 11 knots
- Maximum Speed: 16 knots
- Batangas, Philippines 2008 – major repairs, internal/external reconstructions
- Batangas, Philippines, 2005 – steel replacement / renewal, extensive renovations
- Cairns, Australia, 1995/6 – extensive renovations, accommodation upgrades
- Vancouver, B.C., 1977 – initial conversion to Utility Charter cruiser
- Original Construction, Stord Shipyards, Norway, 1954 – as Ice Class whaler
- 10 double occupancy rooms for 20 guests.
- 13 Toilets, 11 Showers, eight in private facility guest rooms.
- ‘A’ deck with topside upper bridge controls, electronics mast.
- ‘B’ deck with navigation bridge forward, chartroom/business center, liferafts, emergency beacons, dive launch storage, aft sun deck with lounge chairs and shade canopy.
- ‘C’ deck Guest Lounge seating 30 persons, bar, DVD and reading library, surround sound CD/player with I-pod connex, 50” LED TV with DVD player, 2 shower rooms, two toilet rooms, hallway storage closets. Guestrooms 9,10,11.
- ‘C’ deck Spa Area with 11 person spa, 2 camera service/storage tables, adjacent deck chairs.
- ‘D’ deck forward interior with Dining Room, 5 tables seating 26 persons, adjoining galley and pantry, view windows, bookcase, stairs to crew area.
- ‘D’ deck aft interior with Boatique (handicrafts, t-shirts, postcards), dive service center, steering flat. Thor’s Lair, a large room with luxury appointments, and Room 3.
- ‘E’ deck with big ensuite Guest rooms 4,5,6,7,8.
- 1 x Icom IC-M 700 Med. Freq. SSB radio telephones
- 1 x Icom IC-M 80 25w VHF radio telephone
- 1 x Sailor RT 144 25 wVHF radio telephone
- 3x Standard Horizon 25w VHF radio telephones, 2 located on dive launches
- 1 x Alden Marinefax IV weather facsimile unit
- 1 x Kenwood R-2000 multi-band radio receiver
- 3 x standard Mod. HX 250S hand held portable VHF r/t’s
- 1 x Trimble Galaxy Sentinel Inmarsat-C Comsat terminal
- 1 x Inmarsat Sailor Fleet BroadBand 500 Comsat terminal, with Wi-Fi Internet to entire ship
- 1 x Iridium IOP comsat terminal for auxiliary Broadband backup
- Main Engine: Fredriksstad Mek 4 cyl. double compound steam – 2,500 h.p. @ 140 rpm
- Boilers: 2 x Foster Wheeler D type 18,000 lbs./hr @ 250 psi, 600 deg F superheat)
- 2 x Yanmar 6HAL-DTN diesels driving Marathon 250 kw 220 VAC 3 phs 60Hz generators
- 1 x Mitsubishi diesel driving 40 kw 220 VAC 3 phs 60 Hz generator
- Ships power supply is both 220 and 110 VAC single and 3 phs 60 Hz outlets
- Steam: 1 x 12 in. , 1x 8 in., 2x 3 in. Gen. Service
- Electric: 6 x 2 in. submersibles
- Gasoline fire pump: 1 x 2 in. Standby Emergency
- Oily water separator: REC Boss 107 system
- GPS: 2 x Magellan Nav DLX-10, # Garmin handheld units
- Radars: 2 x Furuno Model 1954C 15kw radars feeding Navnet VX2 GD -1920C color video plotters, with sonar input feeds.
- Main Compass: Furuno Satellite Compass SC 30 via an AMI-GMV KW 941-D stepper retransmitter unit
- Auto Pilot:Wagner Mk IV
- Sonar: Furuno Network sounder Model ETR-6/10N
- Water Generators: Component built R / O system producing (2,500 gals / day)
- Air Conditioning: 8 individual systems with combined 30 tons output capacity
- Propeller: Kort Design 4 blade Superston, 12′ 6″ diam x 13′ 6″ pitch.
- Anchors: 2 x 3,800 lbs ea. stockless with 8 shots (64 fms) of 1 3/4″ stud link chain)
- Dive cylinders: 90 pcs 80 cu. ft standard alloy; 10 pcs 100 cu ft; and 20 pcs 30 – 40 cu ft ponies; 8 sets manifolded /banded double 80’s
- Breathing gas storages: 6000 cu. ft. air supply @ 5000 psi; 2,400 cu ft Oxygen@ 2,000 psi
- Fill stations: 2 x 4 cylinder capacity manifold setups Port and Starboard with in water filling
- Rentals (6 full sets of gear incl. computers, reg’s, BCD’s, fins, masks, lights, SMB’s)
- Oxygen Generators: 2 x OGSI Mod. 2020 producing 960 cu ft daily
- Oxygen Boosters:
2x Rix MB 230 Micro Boost electric primary units
1x Midwest Pressure Systems Model 42AAV48-ACG O2, air driven
1x Masterline Mfg Model 211V3 electric, as final deck gas blending unit
- O2 Blending System for EAN Nitrox and Tri-mix provisos – via portside blending setup
Dive Air Compressors:
- 1 x Bauer Model IK 15.1 ll unit producing 21 cfm to 5000 psi
- 1 x Bauer/Poseidon P 201 of 7.5 cfm to 5,000 psi
- 2 x 30 ft custom built Auztec Heavy Aluminum, covered – Twin Yamaha 150’s
- 2 x 24 ft Kellahan Mfg heavy duty alloy modified V, with twin Yamaha 60’s
- 1 x 24 ft Ozawa heavy duty modified fiberglass, with twin Yamaha 40’s